In this episode of the Dadliness Podcast, I interview a high school friend and creator of Family Field Guide, Aubrey McGowen. Aubrey is a former worship leader and now speaker and entrepreneur. We talk about faith, family transitions/moves, dealing with our past so we can be better dads, boundaries with work, and tons more.
Family Field Guide (Download a guide for making a Bible Journal)
Song and Story (Family Blog with videos of the family building the deck)
In this Episode you will learn:
- “If you don’t process the past with your own family then your kids pay the price.”
- Find one daily habit that connects you to your kids.
- Think of the cost and value of your time and work.
- Be crystal clear on what you want as a family. What do you want to define your family? Find the non-negotiables!
- Put it all on the table!
- Get off auto-pilot as a Dad.
- The power of your presence with your kids plus your encouraging words are a powerful combo.